WHAT IS AN INFLUENCER?
- Influencers are people with influence on social media channels which help sell products or brands.
- Influencer Marketing has cemented itself as a channel for brands of all shapes and sizes.
- Any product recommendation from an influencer, almost serves as a form of a social endorsement
- There’s an influencer to suit every kind of business and every marketing campaign.
- The bigger the influencer, the wider and less targeted their reach will be. If you are a big brand with a broad appeal and a budget to match, a mega or macro influencer will be perfect for you.
- For start-ups, smaller and more niche brands, the power of micro and nano influencers are ideal. This gives brands the opportunity to grow your audiences, sell your brand and reach a targeted audience.
TYPE: MEGA – Celebrity
- Celebrity on social media and in real life
- Followers: 500k – 1M+
- Casts a wide net
- Diverse following
- Followers: 100k – 500k
- More targeted than using a mega influencer yet will still appeal to a large cross section of the population.
- They have considerable experience presenting themselves, so they will make a reliable ambassador for your brand.
- Followers: 3k – 100k
- Niche following
- Micro-influencers come across as relatable and believable
- Brands often use multiple micro-influencers simultaneously in campaigns
- Followers: < 3k
- Strong influencers in their immediate communities
- Niche following usually interest based
- They have the trust and admiration of their follower base.